How we got started:
72 Years of family business
|Drever Agencies prides itself on being locally owned and operated, our staff is like a family and we consider our clients the same.|
Ken Drever was the founder of Drever Agencies, which was started in 1949 in Hardisty, Alberta. We started out as a supplier and distributor for BA Oil. On January 1, 1969 BA Oil was taken over by Gulf Oil, in 1985 Gulf Oil was then acquired by Petro Canada. Drever Agencies has been a retailer supplying our clients with Petro Canada products ever since. Drever Agencies prides itself on being locally owned and operated, our staff is like a family and we consider our clients the same. This family like atmosphere has kept Drever Agencies a successful community oriented business since 1949.
Ken Drever had dedicated 45 years to our company before retiring in 1994. In that same year Cliff Drever stepped into Ken's position and has been with us to date. During the 65 years of operation Drever Agencies has grown. Starting out in Hardisty in 1949, Camrose in 1965, Wetaskiwin in 1991, Vegreville, Viking, Ryley and our Two Hills locations all opened in 1996, and Coronation in 2000.